Risk Management & Safety
A safety committee aims to bring workers and management together in a non-adversarial, cooperative effort to promote safety and health in each workplace. A safety committee helps the employer and makes recommendations for change regarding occupational safety and health issues.
- Provide a safe and healthy educational environment for the student population.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace for each employee.
- Provide a safe facility for the public.
- Reduce property, liability, and workers' compensation losses.
- Promote awareness and focus attention on safety issues.
- Provide safety communication channels from school/site to district, from district to school/site, from employees to school/site, and from school/site to employees.
The District Safety Committee and Schools Insurance Program for Employees (SIPE) are working together to provide employees with an opportunity to win gift certificates and or other prizes for those employees that participate in the district's safety incentive programs. The objective of having a safety incentive program is to increase employee safety while reducing the direct and indirect costs of accidents and injuries. The goal of the program is to increase employee awareness of safety issues and procedures.
Each month, a link with a safety topic and quiz will be emailed to all district employees. Employees who take the quiz and answer all the questions correctly will be entered to win a prize. Winners will be selected by the district safety coordinator or safety committee using a random number generator. For more information, please contact a safety committee representative.
If you have any questions regarding the process of requesting items through our District Safety Program, please contact the following staff: