Become a Bus Driver in PRJUSD!
PRJUSD Transportation Department will be offering a FREE Original School Bus Driver Class, beginning December 4, from 9:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. Classes will be held at 2910 Union Road, Support Services Facility.
It is required by the California Department of Education to complete 20 hours of classroom time and 20 hours of Behind the Wheel time. Once committed, you must attend each class.
California School Bus Drivers Are: the best screened, best qualified, and best trained professional drivers in the nation. School bus drivers are above moral reproach, possess knowledge of laws, regulations, and first aid. They have the ability to safely operate a school bus, they are flexible and exercise common sense.
The school bus is the safest form of passenger transportation in the world. If you are interested please contact Ria Ravenscroft at 805-769-1150 ext 32018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All classes start promptly at 9:00 AM and end by 12:30 PM
- Day 1 Orientation & Rules and Regulations
- Day 2 Rules and Regulations & CHP Interviews
- Day 3 Vehicle Components
- Day 4 Defensive Driving Specialized Defensive Driving
- Day 5 Loading and Unloading & Emergency procedures
- Day 6 Emergency Procedures & Pupil Management
- Day 7 Field Trips, Special Needs, Public Relations
- Day 8 First Aid
- Day 9 Class Final
- Day 10 Written test with CHP Rules and Regulations Test