The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) is the touchstone by which we guide and execute our efforts to educate children. The LCAP is also a critical part of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF). It is comprised of goals that focus District practices and resources to ensure students are college and career ready upon graduation. The LCAP shows the alignment of PRJUSD curriculum, instruction, assessment, and interventions with the eight state priorities. The areas are:
- Basic Services
- Implementation of California’s Academic Standards
- Parent Involvement
- Student Achievement
- Student Engagement
- School Climate
- Course Access
- Other Student Outcomes
To create the plan, school districts must engage parents, educators, employees and the community. PRJUSD is focused on improving communication and involvement of all stakeholders, through stakeholder information meetings, Blackboard communication, the school and district websites, and stakeholder advisory groups. Our Annual LCAP Survey received 828 parent responses in 2017-18, increasing from 641 in 2016-17. We also surveyed 2300 students, up from 1979 in 2016-17. This data shows that PRJUSD has dramatically improved our ability to receive feedback from parents and students.
These four goals are were written in partnership with our advisory, DELAC, student/parent input and District Leadership:
- COLLEGE AND CAREER: PRJUSD students will be college, career, and community ready when they graduate.
- STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT: PRJUSD will increase all student success and achievement and provide highly qualified teachers and supports aligned to California standards.
- EQUITY: PRJUSD will provide additional services and supports to ensure social emotional and academic growth for English Learners, Homeless, Low Income, Foster and Students with Disabilities.
- CONNECTIVITY/CLIMATE: PRJUSD will provide opportunities that support a culture of belonging and positive climate for all students, families, and staff.
The plan also demonstrates how the District’s budget will help achieve the goals, and assesses, each year, how well the strategies in the plan were able to improve outcomes. The Paso Robles Joint Unified School District LCAP describes the District’s overall vision for students, annual goals, and specific actions the District will take to achieve the vision and goals. The District has obtained input from various stakeholder groups including parents, educators, and employees, to create this plan. The LCAP Planning Team has collected, reviewed, and analyzed data and the proposed 2017-20 LCAP and Annual Review is hereby presented for public hearing on June 26, 2018. Please email Jen Gaviola, Deputy Superintendent, with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org We will also be available June 20, 2018 in the Board room for questions from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Hard copies are also available at the District Office.