SkillsUSA Information2017 NLSC Attendees
Alim BenBrahim, Mason Steiner, Wesley Radecki, Iver Hansen, Taylor Pafumi, Jonthan Russell, Mason Brown, Mikayla Stone, Eli Lewis, Nick MattesonSelect a Competition
September 16th, 2017SkillsUSA Region 2 Fall Advisor Conference - PRHS Campus 8AM to 4PM.October 19, 2017Registration lunch meeting for all interested in SkillsUSA. Pizza served in room 503.November 17, 2017Region 2 registration deadline
- Find competition in list to the right
- Check with the adviser listed
- Find out what you need to do to compete. What to study. When to meet.
December 2nd, 2017SkillsUSA PRHS Christmas Parade (SkillsUSA float)February 3, 2018 - Region 2 Contest
- Fill out Online Registration Form completely and print out.
- Turn in completed form and $15 (checks made out to SillsUSA Chapter 211) to Mr. Canaday or to SkillUSA which pays for National and Regional registration and a PRHS SkillsUSA T-shirt.
March 23, 2018Registration for State Contest AdvancersApril 19-22, 2018State Contest, San Diego, CAMay 18, 2018Registration for National Contest AdvancersJune 25-29, 2018National Conference, Louisville, Kentucky
- Double check with adviser on what to study and how to practice.
- Find out about your uniform, any tools that will be needed and make a resume.
- Look on www.skillsusaca.org website and ask your adviser to check for any competition updates.
- The top 4 competitors in each competition usually move on to the California State Competition.
- The overall cost for each student to attend is over $1,000, but again with local donations, the final cost will be much lower--in the $400 range.
- PRHS usually has around 10-20 students who attend this conference each year.
- Big event with over 7,000 competitors for the 50 states and 3 territories.
- The best of the best are here for each competition.
- RESUME, CLOTHING, TOOLS, Identification (for flight)!!!.
ContestsSome of the competitions that we have had students do in the past:BOSWELL:
- Automotive Service
- Aviation Maintenance
- Diesel Equipment
- Marine Service
- Mobile Electronics Installation Demo-
- Mobile Robotics Technology (Team of 2)
- Electrical Construction Wiring (Residential wiring)
- Intro. to Woodworking
- Customer Service
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Job Interview
- Prepared Speech
- Early Childhood Education (Preschool Teaching Assistant)
- Computer Maintenance
- Computer Programming
- Related Technical Math
- Technical Computer Applications
- Telecommunications Cabling
- Web Design (2 person team)
- Advertising Design
- Pin Design
- T-shirt Design
- Welding Fabrication (3-person team)
- Welding Art
- Commercial Baking
- Culinary Arts
- Food & Beverage Service
- J_D Visualization & Animation (2-person team)
- Audio/Radio Production (2-person team)
- Broadcast News Production (4-person team)
- Digital Camera Production (Video Production Development) (2-person team)
- Television (Video) Production (2-person team)
- Criminal Justice
- First Aid/CPR
- Basic Healthcare Skills
- Health Knowledge Bowl
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Math
- Medical Terminology
- Nurse Assisting
Others to think about:
- Prepared Speech
- Extemporaneous Speech
- 20 Second Elevator Speech
- Community Action Project (Demonstration)
- Humanoid Robotics (Demonstration)
- Sustainability Solutions Demonstration
- Urban Search & Rescue (Demonstration)