Contractor Bid/Request for Proposal Information
Public Contract Code:
Public Contract Code requires formal bidding and advertising for public works projects, purchases, or services equal to or exceeding the specified limits as indicated: PCC 20111 & 22002 Bid Limit Adjustment 2019.
Public Works Projects less than $200,000:
- The Paso Robles Joint Unified School District has opted in the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act. This allows the District to informally bid (request for proposal (RFP) small construction and maintenance projects with estimated costs of $1,000 up to $200,000.
- If you are a construction contractor and would like to register with the District, please complete the CUPCCAA Registration Form and email it back to: email@example.com or via fax to: 805.237.3425. This registration process is for the purpose of being notified of the District's public works project request for proposals.
- Additionally, RFP information regarding these projects will be noticed with the following trade journals/locations approximately ten days prior to RFP opening: Builders Exchange of the Central Coast 831.883.3933, Kern County Builders' Exchange Inc. 661.324.4921, San Luis Obispo County Builders' Exchange 805.543.7330, Santa Maria Valley Contractors Association 805.925.1191, Builder Notebook 805.962.3194
Public Works Projects greater than $1,000,000:
California Assembly Bill (AB) 1565 went into effect on January 1, 2014. AB 1565 requires ALL General Contractors (Primes) and M/E/P Subcontractors that HOLD certain licenses to be prequalified with the District, if the project expenditures values at $1million or more and is funded whole or in part with State Facility Bond funds. This applies to the following license classifications:
- General Contractors (A and B)
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing contactors ("MEPS"): C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and C-46
The District must receive applications at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening on any advertised project in order for the candidate to qualify for that project. Prequalification approval will remain valid for one (1) calendar year from the date of notice of qualification except as noted in the prequalification documents.
Click Contractor Pre-qualification Requirements to apply for prequalification.
Bid/Request for Proposal (RFP) Solicitations:
PRJUSD uses ASAP Reprographics to distribute bid documents and specifications. Via this site, potential contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers may view current bids at no charge: https://www.projectsasap.com/jobs/public.
For a non-refundable $25 fee, bidders may download bid documents/specifications/plans and be added to bid plan holder list, by registering with ASAP Reprographics, https://www.projectsasap.com/jobs/public. Hard copies of bid documents may be purchased by registered plan holders directly from ASAP Reprographics located at 3121 S. Higuera Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
For more information, contact Purchasing at 805.769.1000 ext:30250