Paso Robles offers FREE Bus Driver Training
PRJUSD Transportation Department regularly offers FREE Original School Bus Driver Classes. Classes will be held at 2910 Union Road, Support Services Facility.
It is required by the California Department of Education to complete 20 hours of classroom time and 20 hours of Behind the Wheel time. Once committed, you must attend each class.
California School Bus Drivers Are: the best screened, best qualified, and best trained professional drivers in the nation. School bus drivers are above moral reproach, possess knowledge of laws, regulations, and first aid. They have the ability to safely operate a school bus, they are flexible and exercise common sense.
The school bus is the safest form of passenger transportation in the world. If you are interested please contact Kelly Stainbrook or Ria Ravenscroft at 805-769-1150 ext 32009 or email email@example.com.
All classes start promptly at 9:00 AM and end by 12:30 PM
- Day 1 Orientation & Rules and Regulations
- Day 2 Rules and Regulations & CHP Interviews
- Day 3 Vehicle Components
- Day 4 Defensive Driving Specialized Defensive Driving
- Day 5 Loading and Unloading & Emergency procedures
- Day 6 Emergency Procedures & Pupil Management
- Day 7 Field Trips, Special Needs, Public Relations
- Day 8 First Aid
- Day 9 Class Final
- Day 10 Written test with CHP Rules and Regulations Test
Degrees and Certifications:
Qualifications for School Bus Driver
Qualifications for a School Bus Driver:
- Class A or B license for school bus and passenger transportation.
- California Special Driver Certificate* (School Bus) validated by the CHP.
- A Medical Examination/Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Passing an examination on first aid practices and/or certification of attending and passing a first aid training program.
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance through the CHP.
- Pass mandated alcohol/controlled substance tests.
- * To receive a California Special Driver Certification (School Bus) everyone must successfully complete a minimum 40-hour course of instruction.
The course shall include at least 20 hours of classroom instruction in, but not limited to, all units of the Instructor’s Manual for California’s Bus Driver’s Training Course. The course shall also include at least 20 hours of behind-the- wheel training in all sections of the Instructor’s Behind-the-Wheel Guide for California’s Bus Driver’s Training Course.