COVID-19 Required Precautions
We understand that there are a variety of feelings related to the necessity and effectiveness of required COVID-19 precautions. The following precautions are required of us by California Public Health’s guidance around reopening school and we cannot reopen unless we assure the following requirements are in place. Please support us in encouraging your student to strictly adhere to the REQUIRED precautions below. Students failing to follow these guidelines will be sent home.
When on-campus students and staff must be wearing face coverings at all times. Face coverings must fit over the nose and mouth and below the chin. Face coverings cannot have valves, common in construction or shop-style masks. Alternatives to face coverings (face shields with drape, etc.) can only be used when medically necessary supported by a note from a doctor and on file with the site nurse.
When on-campus students need to remain physically distant from others. Facilities and furniture have been arranged to provide physical distancing while on campus.
---Daily Health Self Screenings
Students or parents/guardians must complete a Daily Health Self Screening through Aeries, ParentSquare, or StudentSquare. During the Daily Health Self Screenings, students will be asked if they have any symptoms related to COVID-19. If a student has any symptoms related to COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or suspected of having COVID-19 they CANNOT come to school.
---Arriving On Campus
Students can enter campus in three locations. The Student Parking Lot Gate, the Main Gate (Flagpole), and the Agriculture Gate off of Appaloosa Rd. Students will be screened for a proper mask and fever when entering campus. Students showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be isolated and parents contacted for pick up.
PRHS COVID-19 Training Videos
- PRHS Welcome Back ASB Video
- What is COVID and how it is spread? https://youtu.be/8z9BsKpCJY0 (5 minutes)
- Importance of Mask Wearing and PRJUSD rules regarding face coverings https://youtu.be/EC2OxVSX53M (3 mins)
- Handwashing https://youtu.be/-gfOHEaHdjo (3 mins music video)
- Social/Physical distancing: https://youtu.be/26KlPc4zDus
- Symptoms of COVID 19 and if you are sick stay home: https://youtu.be/vPz-l3njwFQ (1min)
- Daily Health Screenings: To be posted by Friday, March 5th, 2021