• 2021/22 Registration Begins March 1st for Grades 1-12
    TK and Kinder Registration is NOW OPEN!

    Click Here To Enroll Online!

    Student Enrollment Information (Click here for more information)

    Thank you for choosing the Paso Robles Joint Unified School District. We are excited to welcome your child to Paso Robles Joint Unified School District. When returning the enrollment packet, you must have ALL of the items below to enroll your child. We cannot accept incomplete packets.

    PRJUSD now offers online student enrollment. The process allows parents/guardians to enter their student's information and upload all the necessary documents for enrollment. If you have an questions, email enrollment@pasoschools.org or call our disrict office (805) 769-1000.

    If you prefer to enroll using a paper packet, please select an enrollment packet below. Once you have completed all the forms, bring your completed enrollment packet along with proof of student's age, student's immunizations, and proof of student's residency to our District Office between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

    You may also leave your completed packet in our drop box located to the right of our main doors or email it to enrollment@pasoschools.org


  • TK/Kindergarten (English / Spanish)

    • Preschool Experience Form
    • Health & Development History
    • Enrollment Form/Emergency Contact
    • Migrant Education Form
    • Home Language Survey
    • Student Residency Questionnaire



  • 1-12 Grades (English/ Spanish)

    • Enrollment Form/Emergency Contact
    • Consent & Request to Release Records
    • Home Language Survey
    • Migrant Education Form
    • Student Residency Questionnaire

  • Additional Enrollment Information

    Student’s age
    . Please provide one of the following items to prove the student’s age:

    • Certified copy of birth record
    • Passport
    • Statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
    • Baptism certificate
    • Affidavit of birth

    The district will admit children at the beginning of the school year (or whenever they move into a district) if they will be five years of age on or before September 1.

    Student’s immunizations. Please see Guide to Immunizations Required For School Entry
    If you have any questions regarding immunization, please contact Ashley Aiello, RN, District Health Coordinator, laaiello@pasoschools.org, (805) 769-1000, Ext. 30417.

    Residency. Please provide one the following items:

    • Adult’s government-issued photo identification (Driver’s license or DMV identification card) showing residence.
    • Property tax payment receipts
    • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts
    • Utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts
    • Pay stubs
    • Voter registration
    • Correspondence from a government agency
    • Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student

    If available/applicable you may also submit copies of:

    • Transcripts or recent grade reports
    • Copy of most recent Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or Section 504 Plan
    • Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) 1399 Form or court order
    • Department of Probation placement information and/or Juvenile Court order
    • Court orders regarding legal custody, physically custody, or restricted contact with the school or child


    The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act requires schools to immediately enroll a homeless child or youth even if he or she is unable to provide proof of residency or age or other documentation normally required for enrollment


    Alternative Education Programs
    Paso Robles Joint Unified School District offers alternative education programs in addition to tradition school programs. Students may request to be moved from a general education setting (such as Paso Robles High School) to one of the alternative settings.  Alternative Education settings include: Liberty High School, Independence High School, Paso Robles Independent Study Center (PRISC). Applications are aviailable through the student's guildance counselor.

    Program applications are then reviewed by the Alternative Education Review Committee (AERC), which consists of school counselors, assistant principals, and the Director of Student Services. The committee meets several times throughout the school year to assist with placement of students in an alternative setting. 

    If you are interested in alternative education placement for your child please contact your student's school counselor or administrator. 

    Change In Program Request
    If you would like to enroll your student in our Homeschool (TK-8) or an alternative education progam (ie, Independence High School or Liberty High School), please contact your student's principal or counselor for more information. 

  • FAQS

    Who is eligible to attend school?
    Students must be at least 5 years old by September 1 of the school year in which they are enrolling to be eligible for kindergarten. TK students must be 5 years between September 2 and December 2 of school year in which they are enrolling. All students ages 6 to 18 are required by law to be enrolled in school. 

    How do I enroll my child?
    Download and complete enrollment packet and all necessary forms. Return completed enrollment packet, forms, and copies of all required documents to the District Office. Once completed packet has been processed, you will receive a call from your student’s school with information including start date, teacher and classes.

    Where do I get an enrollment packet?
    Enrollment packets for are available on our webpage at Student Services or they can be picked up at our District Office at 800 Niblick Road, Paso Robles, CA.

    What do I need to enroll my student?
    You will need to complete an enrollment packet (see above). 
    If your student is new to PRJUSD, your will need the proof of students age, immunizations, and proof of residency in addition to the enrolllment packetIf your student is returning to PRJUSD, you will not need to provided proof of age and immunizations.

    What if I want my student to attend a school that is not in our attendance area?
    You may request a change of school within the district by completing an intradistrict transfer form for your student. Intradistrict transfer forms are available on the Student Services webpage or can be picked up at the District Office. Return the completed form for each student to the District Office.

    Can my student attend Paso Robles Joint Unified School District if we live in another district?
    Yes. A student living in another district will need to receive an interdistrict transfer release from their district of residence prior to enrolling at PRJUSD. Once the student has received the release from their district of residence, they can then submit an interdistrict transfer (IDT) request to attend PRJUSD.

    Please call our District Office if you have any questions (805) 769-1000.