Safety & Risk Management
The purpose of a safety committee is to bring workers and management together in a non-adversial, cooperative effort to promote safety and health in each work place. A safety committee helps the employer and makes recommendations for change regarding occupational safety and health issues.
- Provide a safe and healthy educational environment for the student population.
- Provide a safe and healthy work place for each employee.
- Provide a safe facilitiy for the public.
- Reduce property, liability and workers' compensation losses.
- Promote awareness and focus attention on safety issues.
- Provide safety communication channels from school/site to district, from district to school/site, from employees to school/site, and from school/site to employees.
The District Safety Committee and Schools Insurance Program for Employees (SIPE) are working together to provide employees with an opportunity to win gift certificates and or other prizes for those employees that participate in the district's safety incentive programs. The objective of having a safety incentive program is to increase employee safety while reducing the direct and indirect costs of accidents and injuries. The goal of the program is to increase employee awareness of safety issues and procedures.
Approximately each month a link to a fun safety quiz will be emailed to all district employees. Employees that answer all the questions correctly will be entered to win. Winners will be selected by the district safety coordinator or safety committee using a random number generator. For more information, please contact a safety committee representative. Good Luck!
Employees not receiving an email from their particular site safety coordinator or do not have email access may be directed to SIPE's Quiz Link.
For information and forms on WORKERS' COMPENSATION, click here