Seal of Biliteracy
The Seal of Biliteracy is an award given by a school, school district, county office of education, or state in recognition of students who have studied and attained proficiency in two or more languages by high school graduation.
- Complete all high school graduation requirements
- Complete all semesters of English with a 2.0 or higher GPA
- Earn a score of Met Standards or Exceeded Standards on the 11th grade SBAC ELA test.
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more languages other than English by fulfilling ONE of the options:
- Advanced Placement Exam with a score of 3 or higher
- International Baccalaureate Exam with a score of 4 or higher
- SAT II foreign language exam score of 600 or higher
- Successfully complete a four-year high school course of study in a foreign language (i.e. Spanish 4 or above) with a 3.0 or higher GPA, and oral proficiency in the language comparable to that required to pass an AP or IB examination.
- Fill out application and turn it in by the deadline.
To apply for the Seal of Biliteracy, please complete the application below and submit by May 1. Any questions, contact Stacy Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org.