Walk On Coaching Packet
- Give all coaches the appropriate Volunteer and/or Walk-On Coaching Packet and have them begin the process of getting cleared through HR prior to practice. At this time, they should be working on getting CPR and first aid, concussion (free), heat illness prevention (free), adult supervision of student field trips (free), drug and alcohol-free workplace (free) and sudden cardiac arrest (free) online certifications completed (steps included on this web page).
- Athletic Directors meet with coach to review Volunteer and/or Walk-On Coaching Packet based on stipend payment status.
- AD should review district policies, mission, vision and core values for athletics.
- AD should review sign and have the principal sign the front cover of the packet.
- All packets can be found on the Human Resources webpage under link. Athletic Director and Site Principal sign off on cover sheet of packet and instruct coach to schedule an appointment with HR and pick up fingerprint request form. This form is needed to ensure you will not have to pay for your prints.
- Coach must bring COMPLETED coaching packet, driver’s license, CA ID card and social security card and TB clearance to the HR office.
- HR will give them a fingerprint request form which will allow the coach to be fingerprinted for free.
- No coach will be allowed to be on the field until cleared.
- All coaches must sign a contract, be completely cleared by HR and listed on the coaches roster in order to receive a stipend. Check with your AD to ensure these have occurred.
BreAnne Cerda Contact Information HR
P: (805) 769 -1000 Ext. 30421 Email: email@example.com
Human Resource Clearance
1. Complete and Hand In Walk On Packet to HR
2. Complete all required trainings, listed on flyer below.
The district offers CPR and First Aid classes throughout the school year. Please contact the Human Resources Department for more information and the next class date. If you already have a CPR/First Aid card issued to you by the American Red Cross, please include with your coach packet.
3. CIF Training: (For Middle & High School Coaches ONLY. This is a one time certificate)
- The purpose of the CIF Coaching Education Program is to enhance the experience of student-athletes by assuring that their coaches meet a minimum level of professional training. The program provides strong, pragmatic and comprehensive instruction for coaches of interscholastic athletics in California that is consistent with the highest national standards as set by the legislature, state Department of Education, California Interscholastic Federation and National Federation of State High School Associations.The primary requirements for coaching high school sports in California are:1. A General Coaching Education Course. The most commonly utilized courses are:
- The Fundamentals of Coaching course through the NFHS https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61001
- CIF Coaching Principles course offered through ASEP http://www.asep.com/courseInfo/purchase_courseinfo.cfm?courseID=227
- CIF Coaching Orientation course offered in a classroom setting (contact your school AD) or online through ASEPhttp://www.asep.com/courseInfo/purchase_courseinfo.cfm?CourseID=189 The district hosts CIF Training courses at least twice per school year. Please contact your athletic director for more information and the next class date.
Overnight Field Trip Process
All PRJUSD coaches must sign a contract annually. Please ensure you have a signed contract prior to coaching.
Contracts may be obtained by the Athletic Director from Human Resources upon verification of coaches being cleared.