Attached is a "refresher" document on topics discussed during our summer institute. Here is the list of resources in your "ELD Tool Kit":
1. Timers that are easily set to 15 second, 30 second, 1 and 2 minute increments (to support think time/think ink time).
2. Remote Control -- (prop to encourage "turning up the volume"--for students to use public voice)
3. Lettered blocks (A,B,C,D)- students can answer multiple choice questions/100% participation check)
4. Foam circles in stoplight colors--I saw these at the dollar tree recently--to use for student/teacher reminder of gradual release model--"I do" , "we do", "you do-I support", "you do independently"
5. ELD Standard: Listening & Speaking Card: Post this and try to incorporate a language objective along with your content objective.